The Big 2-1 Project was our end of year fundraiser for 2017, RRF’s first full year in action. December 2017 was the month in which River would have turned 21, born as he was on 14th December 1996.
You can still donate to the project using the following link:
So what did we get up to…?
- Charity Meal at Tom @ 101s in Stockton Heath on 30th November 2017 – check out the facebook event here. Tickets were £21.
- RivFest17 CD – we have released an exclusive CD featuring tracks from bands that played at RivFest17 – relive the memories!
- Running with Wolves – a big thank you to the Warrington Wolves players and students from Priestley College who came and ran 2.1 km at the Victoria Park Stadium on Friday 1st December. Here’s The Wire’s very own Mike Cooper and Ben Westwood sporting the Riv’s Runners purple jersey – cheers lads!!
- New York Marathon – a huge well done to El Jones who took part in the New York City marathon on Sunday 5th November on behalf of the River Reeves Foundation. You can still make a donation by clicking on the Donate button at the top of the page.
- Las Vegas Half Marathon – thank you so much and congratulations to Oscar from the band Hidden Charms who ran the Las Vegas Marathon on Saturday 11th November. He is well on the way to reaching his £5000 fundraising target, which is being split between The Icarus Trust and RRF, for which we are hugely grateful. You can still donate by using the Donate button at the top of the page!
- Virtual Run – this was one for you to decide… you could run whatever distance you liked (ideally based on 21!), if you were able to raise £21 then you can claim a limited edition Riv’s Runners vest!! Click here for more information.
- Riv’s Run @ Victoria Park, Sunday 12th November 2017 – a massive well done and thank you to all those who took part in this fun-for-all event! Hosted by Run Geek Sunday Social Run, they were able to raise a total of £472!! Check out the photos below:
- Random Live Jukebox @ The Hatton Arms, 25th November. A huge thank you to Random who hosted a special live jukebox show at The Hatton Arms, all in aid of The Big 2-1 Project! Raising a total of £230!!
- Victoria Park Running Club Riv’s Run, 27th November – these guys did ana amzing job runing in the dark, wet and freezing cold!! They raised a total of £240, thank you so much!
- 3 Marathons in 2 weeks!! – Kim Kelly and Gill Glover will be running the Manchester, London and Boston marathons in 2018.. and all for the RRF!! They have pledged to raise a whopping £9000 and we do not doubt them for a second! Use the following link to donate – https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/kimandgill